Thursday 22 December 2011

So to cut a long story short - we were not seen yesterday. I was up at 5.30am, we were all in the car at 7, and in Manakau at 8.45am. His receptionist told us Dr Flint was called into Emergency Surgery and will be in at 11am, so we had to kill 2 hours.
2 hours later - (at this point Max and Harry (espec Harry) were loosing it) we go back into his office... "Hes not coming - still in surgery".
Angerangeranger, stomp out - Simon is livid, the kids are going mad. Drive all the way home and Crash out.
Simon is upset all day - even more so than me. Right up till llpm that evening hes still mad. I feel bad because Simon is not the type to get wound up. Im guessing theres just a lot of people that want answers - is missing this appointment going to prolong my treatment? Espec when my tumor is at such a touch and go stage - likely to spread into my organs at any time - I feel like a time bomb.
We are flying down to Christchurch today to spend time in Reefton with all my Dads side of the family. Looking forward to relaxing a little - hopefully! Holidaying sometimes isnt easy with 2 under 2 x

UPDATE: Doctor Flint has just phoned and spoken to simon, Will be seeing him mid Jan for an appointment. The Surgery will take place 4-6 weeks after the radiation has finished so my skin has heeled 100%/ and Ill be in hospital for 7 days.  Great, now we know something and we can start planning with our families who can come and help out for what stages. Time to catch this flight x

No comments:

Post a Comment